Always Wanted to Work at a Winery?
has the following immediate job openings:
The Event Captain will oversee all special events on premises, reporting directly to the Event Managers. This includes set-up, execution and tear-down of events. The Captain is expected to manage serving staff and be an active liaison with the hosting client to ensure the highest guest satisfaction possible.
- Prepare staffing assignments for events ensuring proper staffing coverage for all aspects of the event (set-up, execution and tear-down)
- Greet hosting client and stay in constant contact throughout the event to accommodate requests as necessary
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Supervise serving staff; review assignments and steps of service prior to the start of each event
- Promote and maintain a high-level of customer service
- Monitor consumption of alcohol and help determine when a guest should not be served additional alcohol
- Must be able to communicate effectively with ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Flexibility a must. Schedule may vary week to week including extended hours, weekends and holidays. Hours are generally part-time, mostly weekends (days and nights), primarily May-October, but special events are booked year-round.
Knowledge of wine helpful but not required.
Qualified candidates should be energetic, professional, very friendly, and comfortable multi-tasking under pressure. Some heavy lifting is required when setting up for events (i.e. cases of wine, small tables, chairs, etc.). Experience in hospitality or in a similar role preferred.
PART-TIME TASTING ROOM/WINE SALES STAFF
Job responsibilities: Running the register/point-of-sale system in the Tasting Room; wine sales (includes explaining wines and pouring them for customers); minor lifting (cases of wine, racks of glasses, etc.); occasional sales support at off-premise events.
Applicants should be outgoing, personable, adaptable, and comfortable with multi-tasking. Must be able to handle large crowds of customers at one time. Knowledge of wine helpful, but not required.
Hours: Two to three days a week (mostly Fridays/Saturdays and/or Sundays 10:30am to 6:30pm) with some Friday evening hours and occasional other weekday hours as well.
PART-TIME BANQUET SERVERS
Job responsibilities: Food and bar service set-up for catered events including setting tables, pouring wine, serving and clearing plates of food and clean-up; some minor lifting required (chairs, racks of glasses and dishes, cases of wine, etc.)
Applicants should be polished and professional, efficient and comfortable with multi-tasking. Catering experience helpful, but not required.
Hours: Evenings and weekends beginning in May.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to Kate Sielski at email@example.com
Applications may also be dropped off in person to our Tasting Room during our regular business hours (daily, noon to 6pm).
Or, call (215) 493-6500 ext. 27 for more information.
Applicants must be 21 years or older.
Crossing Vineyards & Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.